PS. Look at the sheen on that Yama-Budo. (And it's not often I get to say something like that!).
Sunday, 28 April 2013
Monday, 22 April 2013
Saturday, 12 January 2013
- Pen Porn - Pictures of large members (of the Pelikan M1000 family).
- Hey, I Got My M1005 Demonstrator Back from the Menders!
- Mike Shows Off His Pelikan Collection.
- Mike Just Shows Off*.
* This is probably the one - it's in my nature...
So ok, the story is that I recently bought an M1005 Demonstrator off eBay and the nib didn't work too well so I thought "Hey, I can adjust that. I mean, how hard can that be?". The following picture shows how hard. Although the focus was a bit out you can still easily tell the 'adjusted' nib from the new one.
|Nib adjustment can be fun - NOT!|
So, the photos (hope they're ok - getting the lighting, composition, and everything right is very hard with small shiny objects, especially in the UK in Winter...);
Points of note;
- The OB nib shows a bit of line-width variation but not as much as I had hoped. I almost wish I'd got the OBB... Never mind, maybe if I practice with it I'll be able to put some character into writing with it. Lovely colour though! (I believe Pelikan's 'Edelstein' Tourmaline was ink of the year in 2012?).
- The Fine nib on the Demonstrator (yes, the NEW nib!) looks a bit intermittent, but, like the OB nib, it's still new and will need a bit of use before it settles down (or until I get used to it anyway - a bad workman always blames...).
- The 3B nib on the black pen with the black ink is an awesome combination in my opinion. It's like the fountain pen equivalent of a fat black marker pen, and I use it for signatures and addressing letters and parcels.
Ok, enough indulgence already. Time for tea!
Monday, 24 December 2012
Just in case people thought that I wasn't eccentric enough, I have just ordered one of Diamine's new boxed sets of inks, with colours inspired(?) by famous composers!
I heard about them on another blog (Gourmet Pens) and couldn't resist. Expect a demonstration after Christmas... :-)
Sunday, 16 December 2012
|Excuse the arrangement. It's not art, it's just what I had to do to stop the pen rolling with the nib upside down.|
PS. Forgot to mention that the ink is Pelikan Edelstein Jade...